I bet everyone here has dreamt of a trip to Bora Bora at least once in their lives! Am I right? This location in French Polynesia is magical and filled with so much beauty you may find it hard to choose where to stay in Bora Bora since there are many unique spots!
But this is where I come in! In this post, I’ll help you find the best hotels and resorts on the island! From luxurious resorts on a private island with overwater bungalows to super affordable accommodations on the main island.
Yep, Bora Bora is not just for the rich and wealthy! You can travel here on a budget and I’ll show you how! The hotels and overwater bungalows are listed here from most to least expensive so you can easily decide which resort to pick.
You will notice there are a few resorts that offer overwater bungalows sprinkled throughout the list, but if you are looking for the best of the best overwater bungalows in Bora Bora, make sure to stick around for my bonus section on just that!
But I can’t emphasize enough how important it is to book these resorts in advance! Bora Bora is one of the most popular destinations in the world so the best ones always go fast!
Are you ready to start the trip of a lifetime, to go snorkeling in a coral garden and swim in the turquoise lagoons?
Then hop on board and let’s start!
If you are in a hurry
For those of you who want to book right now, here’s a list of all the best hotels where to stay in Bora Bora by price range:
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
Best affordable accommodation in the center
Check out this map to see where all the Bora Bora hotels and resorts on my list are located:
Luxury (US$1000 and up)
- The St Regis Resort – Welcome to paradise! Are you ready to have the time of your life in one of the best resorts in Bora Bora? During your stay at St Regis beach resort, you’ll feel as if you’re on your own private island! Sunbathe on the white sand or go for a swim in your private pool. The villas come with unique wooden decor and are the perfect place to take a quick nap before dinner at one of the two restaurants on-site!
- Le Bora Bora by Pearl Resorts – I would definitely book the overwater villas (or the garden villas) at this luxury resort that has 3 restaurants! Chill on the white sand beach or on the sun terrace while admiring the views of Mount Otemanu. Eat some fresh fruit in the morning and head to the spa center for a few hours of relaxation. The resort also has a swimming pool and a fitness center.
- InterContinental Le Moana Resort – Explore the main island in Bora Bora while staying at this beach resort that offers car hire and different activities like snorkeling! You’ll have your own overwater villa equipped with free wifi and private bathrooms. After a long day of exploring the main island go to the pool bar and order yourself a cocktail, you’ve earned it! I recommend booking your resorts in advance, you’ll need time to plan this trip plus Bora Bora is super popular!
- Le Meridien – Surrounded by turquoise water and lush greenery the overwater villas at this resort have all the facilities you need for your amazing trip! The hotel offers a boat transfer for its guests and room service. Get a cup of coffee and catch a scenic sunrise, then you can go spend some time in the hot tub or go for a swim in the pool!
Mid Range (US$250 – US$350)
- Rohotu Fare – Looking for mid-range resorts in Bora Bora? You’ll love this one! Everything from the wooden decor to the rooms looks absolutely amazing. Enjoy a delicious meal in the outdoor dining area and then borrow some bikes (for free) and start exploring around the main island. But if you’re still not set on Bora Bora, read through our latest post, it will help you decide between here and Fiji.
- Royal Bora Bora – Are you ready for a trip filled with sunshine and good vibes? Bora Bora is famous for stunning infinity pools featuring views of the Pacific Ocean and blue sky, and this place has one! Each villa at this beach resort has a little patio where you can drink your coffee and admire the garden views. At night get ready for a fun music show and delicious food!
- Maitai – Overwater bungalow or beach bungalow, which one will you pick? Both look amazing to me! You’ll wake up every morning with a view of the lagoon or the garden, ready to start today’s adventures! Make use of the free snorkeling equipment (plus you’ll save money) and explore the stunning coral reef!
- Village Temanuata – Bora Bora’s charm is undeniable! Top resorts, amazing weather, and the perfect conditions for scuba divers! What more could you wish for? At this beach resort on the main island, you can hop from your bungalow straight into the water, as it offers direct access to the beach. Guests can arrange bike tours and explore Bora Bora’s coastal road.
Budget (up to US$150)
- Villa Yrondi – Who says you can’t visit Bora Bora on a budget? There are plenty of affordable boutique hotels and villas here and this guest house, in particular, reminds me of Italy! The design and flowers look so cool plus each room has a patio with stunning views so get some tea and head over to the sun terrace for your daily dose of vitamin D!
- Bora Bora Bungalove – I love the authenticity and design of these bungalows! Other resorts definitely lack that! After a day chilling on the public beach, come back to your bungalow and sit for a few moments on the private terrace while admiring the beautiful lagoon! Guests will have access to free private parking and activities like snorkeling and diving.
- Vaitihei Lodge – Immerse yourself in Bora Bora’s culture and spend your days sunbathing on the white sand beaches! This holiday home near the beach has all the facilities you’ll need for your stay plus a kitchen and free parking. Get something to eat and enjoy your meal in its tropical garden!
- Lokai House – Looking for an affordable and private place for your stay in Bora Bora? Then, this house is perfect for you! Matira Beach and Maitai are only 2 miles away but the mountains are just a few steps from the accommodation. And you can admire them even from the garden of the house, which has family rooms.
BONUS 1: Best overwater bungalows in Bora Bora
What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when thinking of Bora Bora?
Overwater bungalows, right?
I knew it! Of course, we picture a turquoise lagoon, a white sand beach, and wooden walkways but the bungalows are the main focal point! If you have your heart set on staying in an overwater bungalow then look no further because here you’ll discover a list of the best ones in Bora Bora!
All the resorts in this list are luxurious with prices from US$1300 to US$1800.
InterContinental Bora Bora Resort Thalasso Spa
Imagine sitting on the private deck of your overwater bungalow, admiring the stars at night and how the moon shines in that turquoise lagoon! So dreamy! During the day chill on the private beach of this 5-star beach resort, sunbathing or swimming in that crystal blue water!
And what better way to conclude your afternoon than with some treatments at the spa center (they have a cool one with ocean water). Then head back to your overwater bungalow take a quick nap and get ready for a night of delicious food, live shows, and yummy cocktails!
Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora
You can’t go wrong with this beach resort! Wake up in the middle of the ocean in your overwater villa and get the first sight of Mount Otemanu. Now that’s a great way to start your day! Fix up some coffee and drink it in your private pool while looking at the majestic mountains!
Then relax with a massage at Te Mahana Spa or maybe enjoy a quick sesh in the open-air fitness center, if you’re up for it! You’ll also have a private beach area which will basically feel as if you’re on your own private island! It’s not only the design and facilities that make Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora the perfect choice, the resort also offers activities like kayaking, sailing, and snorkeling in the lagoon sanctuary.
Conrad Bora Bora Nui
Planning a romantic getaway to Bora Bora? Then have a look at this fabulous resort that’s set right on the beach! You’ll have the time of your life watching the sun setting over the blue lagoon in your private plunge pool or from the stunning infinity pool!
Customize your comfort with the resort’s pillow menu, and if you manage to leave your overwater bungalow (I know you’ll probably want to spend the whole morning there), go get a massage at the hilltop spa. After that long flight, you’ll need it, trust me! Plus, after that, you’ll feel super well-rested which means you’ll be up for some cocktails and maybe even some dancing?
BONUS 2: Best hotels for families in Bora Bora
Many tourists believe that Bora Bora is only a location for honeymoons and romantic trips but I don’t share that opinion! I think this place is great for families, plus most resorts offer activities that cater to the little ones as well so you can still have a relaxing and romantic break, even if you’re bringing the kids.
So if you’re thinking of coming to Bora Bora during your next family holiday, have a look at the accommodation list below:
Luxury (US$500 and up)
- Bora Bora Holiday’s Lodge – Are you ready to explore the hilly roads of beautiful Bora Bora with the little ones? It’ll be so much fun! And if you’re looking for some fun water activities, this hotel offers plenty in addition to its spacious rooms and bungalows. The accommodation also has an outdoor pool and rooms with a balcony to suit any size family.
Mid Range (US$250 – US$350)
- Sunset Hill Lodge – I love how colorful this accommodation is! Spend some super fun days relaxing on the beaches of Bora Bora, playing beach games with the kids, and swimming in the bluest waters! Sunset Hill Lodge is set on the main island and it offers a free airport shuttle, family rooms, and bbq facilities.
- Matira House – Enjoy your morning coffee or tea on the terrace of this guesthouse that’s located on the main island near Matira Point. The accommodations have family rooms and free parking! Perfect for a self-sufficient holiday with the whole crew.
Budget (up to US$150)
- Vaiotaha Lodge – Set on the main island in Bora Bora, this comfortable accommodation has family rooms and a garden. Start your day on the terrace by drinking some fresh juice and admiring the mountain views. Later you can rent bicycles from the lodge and start exploring Bora Bora’s main island. Matira Beach and Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora Beach are just 2 miles (3 km) from Vaiotaha Lodge.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hotels in Bora Bora
🏝️ What part of Bora Bora is the best?
Matira Beach and the areas around the island’s blue lagoon are some of the best places where to stay in Bora Bora. You’ll find many resorts either near the beach or overwater bungalows on the lagoon-like Le Bora Bora by Pearl Resorts.
🌴 Where do you stay when you go to Bora Bora?
🤔 Which is better to visit Bora Bora or Tahiti?
It depends on your preferences for South Pacific Islands. Bora Bora is a more intimate high-end location with dreamy beaches and lagoons while Tahiti is more urbanized, but it still has some incredible spots.
💰 How much is a stay in Bora Bora?
Luxury resorts in Bora Bora cost around US$1000 per night, mid-range can reach up to US$350 and for a budget, accommodation, expect to pay around US$150 per night.
Booking your flight ticket already? Bora Bora can have that effect on you!
Before you run off to the closest shop to buy lots of swimsuits, let’s quickly recap what you’ll find in this post. The first part has a carefully curated list of the best hotels where to stay in Bora Bora! Luxurious resorts, mid-range ones, and some affordable accommodations as well.
Then in the two bonuses, I gave you a list of the best overwater bungalows in Bora Bora and some hotels for families traveling to this French Polynesia Island.
If you still haven’t made a decision (because all of these places look amazing, especially the overwater bungalow), here are my top 2 favorite options:
- The St Regis Resort – A resort, with overwater bungalows, that’s set a short boat trip away from the airport
- Rohotu Fare – A great mid-range hotel with wooden decors and villas with sea views
As I mentioned earlier, tourists from all over the world come to Bora Bora, so I highly recommend booking your hotels and any beach resorts or overwater bungalows in advance because they sell out months in advance!
For now, this is where I leave you! I’m sure you’ll have the time of your life in Bora Bora, exploring the main island, chilling in your overwater bungalow, and swimming in that blue lagoon!
If you have any questions about Bora Bora, a particular beach resort, or anything else, leave me a comment below and I’ll answer them ASAP!