You are about to arrive at one of the most interesting destinations in the USA. Sedona, Arizona will surprise you a lot not only with its red rock formations, scenic canyons, and national parks, but also with a great selection of restaurants, local breweries, and glamorous resorts. Already excited? I am!
Sedona is usually visited by travelers going to the Grand Canyon but this city itself has its own unique landscapes that are definitely worth a visit. There are dozens of incredible hiking and biking trails, Instagrammable rocks such as the Bell Rock and Cathedral Rock, and impressive mountains. So get ready for fun outdoor adventures!
In this blog post on where to stay in Sedona, I’ll help you to discover the best areas of Sedona and talk about the best hotels I carefully picked for you. I don’t want you to lose the chance to stay in the best places so do not forget to make a reservation in advance!
If you are ready, let’s go on an adventure!
If you are in a hurry
Here are the best places for where to stay in Sedona, Arizona from luxury to budget. They all have rave reviews and excellent locations!
Private Outdoor Courtyard
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
Sugar Loaf Lodge
Best affordable accommodation in the center
Here is a map for where to stay in Sedona, Arizona with the 4 best areas I will be talking about in this blog post so you can easily understand them:
1. Uptown Sedona – where to stay in Sedona for the first time
Uptown Sedona is the heart of the city where you will find amazing local restaurants, shops, lively nightlife, and cultural attractions. It is also your gateway to impressive hiking trails and outdoor activities. So when you visit Sedona, if you want to find a bit of everything in one place you will love Uptown Sedona!
Start your day on the main street of Uptown Sedona and check out the beautiful shops and cafes. Then, hike up the mountains to see the jaw-dropping Chapel of the Holy Cross and give one of the nearby hiking trails a try. Are you already hungry? Uptown Sedona has amazing grill restaurants, wine bars as well as international restaurants ready to welcome you!
Before talking about the best hotels in Uptown Sedona, I have to remind you of the importance of making a reservation in advance as these top hotels are selling too fast. If you are looking for another city with a similar vibe check out the best places to stay in Phoenix.
Here are the best places to stay in Uptown Sedona:
L’Auberge De Sedona
Located just north of Uptown Sedona in the beautiful nature, this boutique hotel offers an on-site bar, a luxurious spa, a swimming pool, a great breakfast, and a free shuttle service around Uptown Sedona. I love the spacious hotel rooms that have a private patio overlooking the mountains and fireplace. You can have a delicious dinner in the on-site restaurant while watching the amazing scenery and pamper yourself at the spa with a great massage.
Other accommodation options in Uptown Sedona
Best Western Plus
This hotel offers spacious rooms, an outdoor pool with a hot tub, fitness center, free breakfast, and tennis courts
This hotel has a very central location, rooms with private patios, a swimming pool, free parking, and a hot tub
Private Outdoor Courtyard
This Airbnb is within walking distance to the town center and offers spacious rooms, an outdoor terrace, and free wifi
Things to do in Uptown Sedona
- Visit the Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village
- Have dinner with live music at Sedona Bites Grill
- Taste amazing wines at the Art of Wine
- Visit the Sedona Heritage Museum
- Go hiking at Mormon Canyon
- Have delicious food with a view at Cowboy Club Grille & Spirits
- Visit the Chapel of the Holy Cross and the Sedona Arts Centre
- Have a day trip to Northern Arizona to check out amazing nature and visit the Museum of Northern Arizona
2. West Sedona – the coolest area to stay in Sedona
West Sedona is 3 miles (5 km) away from Uptown Sedona and a very cool area with hipster cafes, local breweries, art galleries, and local shops. By staying here you will also have a chance to hike scenic hiking trails right from town.
West Sedona is a very colorful neighborhood where you can enjoy both outdoor activities and city life. Imagine having a coffee in a trendy cafe or a delicious meal while watching spectacular landscapes. Doesn’t it sound so cool?
Speaking of cool places, you might want to check out these 18 unique Airbnbs to stay in Lake Havasu for your next trip. But now, I will talk about the best places to stay in West Sedona. You have to be quick to catch these hotels as they are the best of the best in the area!
Adobe Grand Villas
Adobe Grand Villas is one of the best luxury resorts in West Sedona that offers a large swimming pool, a luxury spa, a very good breakfast, and free parking. You will love the authentic hotel rooms that have a private balcony with amazing views. There is also a gourmet restaurant where you can have a great selection of food and drinks.
Other accommodation options in West Sedona
Southwest Inn Sedona
Centrally located in West Sedona this hotel offers an outdoor pool with a hot tub, free breakfast, and a nice sun terrace
Sugar Loaf Lodge
Sugar Loaf Lodge features comfortable rooms, an outdoor pool, a hot tub, free parking, and complimentary breakfast
Sedona Sunset Jewel
This Airbnb has a swimming pool overlooking the mountains, spacious rooms, free wifi and a garden with a seating area
Things to do in West Sedona
- Have a picnic and check out the hiking trails at Sunset Park and Boynton Canyon
- Catch a show at The Sedona Performing Arts Alliance
- Buy fresh products at the Sedona Community Farmers Market
- Hike up to Thunder Mountain and see the amazing views
- Have breakfast at Coffee Pot Restaurant
- Take a pint at Oak Creek Brewery
- Go for a walk at Amitabha Stupa and Peace Park
- Take a golf lesson at Seven Canyons Golf Course
3. Oak Creek – where to stay in Sedona for families
Oak Creek is located 7 miles (10 km) south of Uptown Sedona and is a very nice area to enjoy nature with families. Here you will find nice parks where you can have a family picnic, great local restaurants, and shopping malls. Also, the famous Oak Creek Canyon will be in your neighborhood so why not have outdoor adventures with your family?
On the contrary to Uptown Downtown, Oak Creek offers hotels with more space and outdoor facilities which is great for families with kids as they can play in nature and enjoy swimming pools.
I have already picked the best family-friendly hotels in Oak Creek so here you go!
Canyon Villa Inn
Canyon Villa has spacious family-friendly rooms with a private balcony overlooking the red rocks and a large swimming pool with a nice sun terrace. This beautiful hotel offers a very good breakfast that will even satisfy the picky eaters and you can have drinks in the nice garden area. There is also free wifi and parking available and you can easily access hiking trails from the hotel.
Other accommodation options in Oak Creek, Sedona
Ridge on Sedona
This hotel offers a swimming pool, a sun terrace, a hot tub, a spa, comfortable rooms, and free wifi
Desert Quail Inn
Desert Quail Inn features a swimming pool, spacious rooms, free wifi, and on-site parking
Red Canyon Retreat
This Airbnb has a private hot tub, an amazing garden with views, spacious rooms, a swimming pool, and a kitchen
Things to do in Oak Creek, Sedona
- See a performance at Sedona Dream Theatre
- Go shopping at Oak Creek Factory Outlets
- Have dinner at Pago’s Pizzeria and Italian Cuisine
- Go hiking in Oak Creek Canyon
- Have a good coffee at Oak Creek Espresso
- Play golf at the golf course of Canyon Mesa Country Club
- Have a day trip to beautiful Coconino National Forest and Verde Valley Wine Trail
- Swim in the river and family picnic at Grasshopper Point
4. Bell Rock – where to stay in Sedona for hiking trails
Bell Rock is located 5 miles (8 km) south of Uptown Sedona and takes its name from the natural beauty, Bell Rock. If your main aim of visiting Sedona is enjoying the beautiful outdoors and hiking there is no better place to stay than Bell Rock.
Bell Rock offers so many scenic hiking trails with authentic landscapes and red rock formations such as the Cathedral Rock. It is also one of the most famous rock climbing spots in the Sedona area among climbers. Other than taking your hiking boots and climbing shoes, also make sure to keep your camera with you all the time because Bell Rock is even more photogenic than you expected!
For those who want to be close to hiking trails, I found the best hotels near Bell Rock where you can have a comfortable stay after a tiring day. They all have convenient locations and amazing views!
This Airbnb is a great place to stay in Sedona for those who want to enjoy the outdoors. It has an epic terrace with panoramic views of the red rocks and you won’t want to leave the garden area that has comfortable seats. All the rooms have luxurious amenities and amazing views and there is a fully equipped kitchen with a nice dining area. This gorgeous Airbnb also has a great location that enables you to easily access hiking trails and the town center.
Other accommodation options in Bell Rock, Sedona
Arabella Hotel Sedona
Arabella Hotel Sedona has 2 swimming pools, an on-site restaurant, spacious rooms with a coffee machine, and free wifi
Chapel View Suite
This Airbnb offers a nice swimming pool, comfortable rooms, free wifi, and a fully equipped kitchen
This Airbnb features modern rooms, a nice garden with a seating area, private parking, a large kitchen, and free wifi
Things to do in Bell Rock, Sedona
- Take a photo of impressive Bell Rock and amazing red rock formations
- Go hiking at Courthouse Butte Loop Trail and Bell Trail
- Check out amazing views at Yavapai Vista Point
- Hike at Courthouse Loop South Trailhead
- Have a day trip to see the impressive Montezuma Castle National Monument
- See a natural beauty, Cathedral Rock
|👑 Luxury price:||$450|
|💵 Mid Range:||$250|
|📍Best area:||Uptown Sedona|
|👪 Best area for families:||Oak Creek|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||L’Auberge De Sedona|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||Best Western Plus|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Sugar Loaf Lodge|
BONUS 1: The best places to stay in Sedona with a view
Sedona has some of the most photogenic nature and in order for you to enjoy it more, I found the best hotels with amazing views. Imagine sitting in your private patio while watching the epic rocks and sunset. If that sounds tempting, here are my top 4 hotels that have a great location and stunning views. They are in descending price order so you can pick the one that is suitable for your budget.
- A Sunset Chateau – Located in West Sedona, this hotel has amazing views from its garden area and the swimming pool. I love the beautifully decorated rooms that have a fireplace and a private balcony where you can watch stunning red rocks. There is also a very good breakfast and free parking.
- Sky Ranch Lodge – Once you step into this hotel you’ll be amazed by the views right away! Sky Ranch Lodge offers an incredible terrace overlooking the Bell Rock, spacious rooms, a swimming pool, and an on-site bar. You can easily access hiking trails and Uptown Sedona is just 3 miles (5 km) away.
- Hyatt Residence Club – This hotel features comfortable rooms with a private balcony overlooking the stunning red rocks. There is a swimming pool and a sun terrace where you can have panoramic views of Sedona. You can use BBQ facilities and relax by the fireplace plus it is also within walking distance of the main attractions in Uptown Sedona.
- Sedona Village Lodge – Located in Oak Creek, Sedona Village Lodge features spacious rooms with a kitchen and a private terrace where you can watch the spectacular views. There is free parking and wifi, plus the hotel’s location is perfect to access the famous hiking trails in Sedona.
BONUS 2: The best pet-friendly hotels to stay in Sedona
For those who want to travel with their fur friends, I didn’t forget you! It is always fun to do outdoor activities with your pet and I know sometimes it can be problematic to find a pet-friendly hotel. That’s why I found the best hotels allowing you to bring your pets. They are all sorted in descending price order to help you pick, so here we go:
- El Portal Sedona Hotel – This pet-friendly boutique hotel has a very nice garden area where you can have drinks, a fitness center, 2 swimming pools, and an on-site bar. All of the hotel rooms have a fireplace and a private balcony plus you can easily access Uptown Sedona on foot and hiking trails are just a short drive.
- Orchards Inn – Centrally located in Uptown Sedona, this hotel has spacious rooms with amazing red rocks views and a kitchen, free parking, an on-site bar, and a great breakfast. While your pet is playing in the garden area you can enjoy a drink by the fireplace and you can also arrange hiking tours from the hotel.
- Sedona Real Inn & Suites – This pet-friendly hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool, a sun terrace overlooking red rocks, modern rooms, and a very good breakfast. You can chill in the hot tub and watch the amazing scenery. It also has a very central location in West Sedona and is within walking distance of the shops and restaurants.
- Oak Creek Terrace Resort – Located 4 miles (6 km) north of Uptown Sedona, this hotel features great accommodation in nature. All the hotel rooms have a fireplace, a coffee machine, and free wifi. You can make a BBQ in the terrace area and watch spectacular views and with just a short walk you can reach the hiking trails and lush green parks.
Frequently asked questions about Sedona, Arizona
🗺️ Where is the best area to stay in Sedona?
If you are visiting Sedona for the first time the best Sedona area is Uptown Sedona thanks to its closeness to the main attractions and restaurants. Some of the best places to stay here are L’Auberge De Sedona and Best Western Plus.
🤔 Is it better to stay in Sedona or Oak Creek?
Sedona Town has more restaurant and hotel options and is also closer to main city attractions. That’s why I recommend staying in Sedona if you are visiting the city for the first time. Oak Creek is better for families and those who want to do outdoor activities.
❓ Is it better to stay in Uptown Sedona or West Sedona?
Uptown Sedona is closer to main landmarks and offers more dining options. Some of the best places to stay in Uptown Sedona are L’Auberge De Sedona and Best Western Plus. If you want to stay in a hipster area you may prefer staying in West Sedona.
🏜️ Is it better to stay in Sedona or Flagstaff?
Sedona is a better place to stay as you will find more accommodation options and more cultural and fun attractions. If you are planning to visit the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff is a closer place to stay.
🛎️ What are the best places to stay in Sedona?
📷 What should I not miss in Sedona?
Here are some of the famous things you should not miss in Sedona.
● The Chapel of the Holy Cross
● The Sedona Arts Centre
● Bell Rock
● The Sedona Heritage Museum
● Oak Creek Canyon
● The Cathedral Rock
● The Thunder Mountain
● Coconino National Forest
Sadly our Sedona adventure finishes here. I hope you enjoyed the journey as much as I did and this blog post on where to stay in Sedona helped you to find your ideal hotel. All areas in Sedona offer amazing landscapes so you should just decide if you want to stay in an area with a city vibe like Uptown Sedona and West Sedona, or totally in nature like in Oak Creek and Bell Rock.
Once you pick your favorite hotel do not forget to book it in advance so you don’t miss it and get better deals!
Are you still undecided and having difficulty choosing among so many hotel options? Let me help you. Here are my absolute 2 favorite hotels in Sedona, Arizona that have great locations and rave reviews:
- L’Auberge De Sedona – The best luxury hotel in Uptown Sedona that has a spacious room with a private balcony overlooking the mountains
- Best Western Plus – Centrally located hotel in Uptown Sedona that offers comfortable rooms and a swimming pool with a hot tub
If you have any other suggestions or questions about places to stay in Sedona, Arizona please do not hesitate to leave a comment below. I’ll be glad to leave a reply to them. Looking forward to seeing you soon on another adventure!
Have a great holiday,