Boulder, CO, is an amazing laid-back town nestled at the base of the Rocky Mountains, offering many natural attractions from stunning parks like the Chautauqua Park and Boulder Mountain park, to challenging hiking trails among the peaks!
For this reason, Boulder has become one of the most favorite tourist towns in Colorado and has many accommodation options for any taste. But which one is the best for your travel needs? You will find it out in this blog with the TOP places to stay in Boulder, CO!
In this guide, I included all the best hotels in Boulder divided by price range, from luxury to more affordable options (thanks to the presence of the University of Colorado there are a lot!). And I’ve even included a bonus with the best Airbnbs if you want a little bit more privacy.
Just remember to book your favorite hotel some months in advance if you want to be sure to find the spot as places sell out quite fast!
NOTE: The prices you will see in the post are from the low season in winter. In summer the prices in Boulder rise significantly and you can expect to pay up to $150 more for the same rooms.
If you are in a hurry
If you are in a rush and you need to book now, check out this quick list of the best Boulder hotels for each price range:
Residence Inn by Marriott
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
Best affordable accommodation in the center
Check out this map to get a mental image of where all the best hotels in Boulder are located:
Luxury (US$200 and up)
- Boulder Marriott – If you want to have a stay full of comforts, check out one of the most popular hotels in Boulder, CO, located a few steps from the famous Twenty Ninth Street. Marriott Boulder hotel offers spacious rooms with views of the Rocky Mountains (perfect for a stay with the family), an indoor pool to chill, and the on-site Canyons Restaurant & Lounge, serving many international dishes, the best way to start your day!
- Residence Inn by Marriott – Residence Inn by Marriott Boulder has the best location in downtown Boulder, CO, within walking distance to the University of Colorado and to Twenty Ninth Street! Here you can either train in the fitness center, make use of the business center or have a happy hour in the small bar on site.
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Boulder – Check out one of the best hotels in Boulder for luxury, located in downtown Boulder. Here you’ll have access to some of Boulder’s main attractions like Twenty Ninth Street, the CU Boulder University, and the Boulder Creek Golf Club and Event Center! And you’ll for sure fall in love with the seasonal outdoor pool, the on-site restaurant, and the incredible rooms, all offering free wifi and air conditioning… what else do you need?
- Hotel Boulderado – The historic Hotel Boulderado is definitely one of the best hotels in Boulder, featuring Victorian décor with modern amenities… a very charming mix! Located only 5 minutes walk from Pearl Street Mall, the property gives you access to 2 on-site restaurants serving fresh and local cuisine daily, and a bar offering signature cocktails and appetizers. But the best thing bout the hotel is the guest rooms, featuring views of the Rocky Mountain foothills!
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder – This apartment-style hotel will make you feel immediately at home, offering all of the comforts of a house like big beds, fully equipped kitchens, and a separated living area. Even if located at the Boulder city limits, the property lies just a short drive from a variety of Boulder’s main attractions and activities like the Boulder Creek and Boulder Reservoir. Another plus? The hotel is pet friendly, so you can bring your four-legged friend!
Mid Range (US$140 – US$190)
- Residence Inn by Marriott Boulder – Are you looking for great value for price in Boulder, CO? Then check out this lovely hotel located only an 8-minute drive from the University of Colorado, Boulder. Here the spacious suites come with free WiFi and a fully equipped kitchen, perfect if you want to cook your own meals! Staying in this property will give you access to a seasonal pool, and some outdoor spaces with a fire pit and gas BBQ grills… ideal to spend some quality time with your loved ones!
- The Bradley Boulder Inn – The Bradley Boulder Inn is located in downtown Boulder, just 2 miles from the University of Colorado Boulder and within walking distance from the shopping paradise Pearl Street Mall. Here you can enjoy daily wine and cheese and start your day with a homemade breakfast served every morning… simply delicious! If this wasn’t enough, from the hotel you have access to many outdoor activities in and around Boulder, like skiing, cycling, and hiking!
- Hampton Inn & Suites Boulder North – Hampton Inn & Suites Boulder North is located in northeast Boulder, close to many natural attractions like the beautiful Boulder Reservoir lake. This is the perfect place to treat yourself: chill at the indoor swimming pool or hot tub, and have free wine and beer at the Reception, from Monday through Thursday! Other cool things they offer here are a delicious breakfast every morning and free bicycle rentals on-site, perfect for exploring the area!
- Basecamp Boulder – Get ready to fall in love with Basecamp Boulder, a cozy hotel located a few minutes away from Boulder’s best attractions like the Boulder Creek Path, Twenty Ninth Street Mall, and historic Pearl Street Mall. After a day spent visiting the hotel’s surroundings, make use of the relaxing sauna and hot tub, and have an evening snack with delicious, freshly baked, chocolate chip cookies which are available for guests to eat every afternoon!
- Hyatt Place Boulder/Pearl Street – Want to have a luxury treatment for reasonable prices? Then check out this pet-friendly hotel, offering family rooms with views of the beautiful rocky mountains: one of Boulder’s top icons! Hyatt Place Boulder/Pearl Street also offers access to many outdoor activities like cycling, hiking, and skiing (you can even find ski storage on site), and to the Chautauqua Park, only 4 miles from the property.
- Boulder Guest House – I am sure you will love this eco-friendly Guest House in Boulder, located within walking distance of the famous Pearl Street, where you can find the best restaurants and shopping options! They even offer parking if you want to explore the greater Boulder area and natural attractions, like the Rocky Mountain National Park. Another plus? The property is super quiet, perfect if you want to enjoy some deserved relaxation and peace!
- Colorado Chautauqua Cottages – If you want to have a comfy and cozy stay in Boulder, Co, Colorado Chautauqua Cottages is the perfect option for you! Being close to Boulder Mountain Park, this property gives you access to many outdoor activities: hiking trails along the Rocky Mountain foothills and rock climbing… so you can spend time enjoying the fresh air surrounded by nature! The hotel also offers an amazing restaurant: the Chautauqua Dining Hall, serving delicious American cuisine.
Budget (up to US$140)
- Hilton Garden Inn Boulder – If you want to stay on a budget in Boulder, Hilton Garden Inn is the perfect option for you! This new, affordable hotel has a great central location, 5 minutes drive from Pearl Street, and the staff is just amazing, super friendly, and helpful! Here you’ll also have access to great facilities like a fitness center to keep yourself in shape, an outdoor patio with gas fire spaces for the colder months, and a pool.
- Boulder University Inn – Boulder University Inn is perfect if you want to save some money and be close to all the main tourist attractions in Boulder, like the Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art, the Boulder Theater, Pearl Street Mall, and much more! The property is ideal for a vacation with the family, offering spacious rooms and a seasonal outdoor pool, but also if you’re traveling for work: here you’ll find free private parking and a business center!
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Boulder – The guest rooms at Fairfield Inn are super clean and have very comfortable beds, and the breakfast is very good for the hotel’s price offering a wide variety of fresh fruits and coffee, a healthy way to start your day. But the best thing about the hotel is its location in a very tranquil area in Boulder, perfect if you want to enjoy some quietness and stay far from the hustle and bustle of the city center!
- Comfort Inn & Suites – Check out this lovely hotel, offering great value for the price in Boulder. Here you’ll get everything you need at very affordable prices: a seasonal pool and year-round hot tub where you can relax, a fitness center, and a business center. And wait to see the rooms which are fully equipped with a microwave, a refrigerator, and ironing facilities, plus some of them even have balconies! Another plus? The delicious breakfast (coffee is available from 5 AM)!
- Foot of the Mountain Motel – Foot of the Mountain Motel is the perfect place if you want to enjoy a vacation nestled in nature. Being located (as you might have guessed) to the foot of the mountain and close to Boulder Creek, this rustic and charming motel gives you access to the best walking trails and to Boulder city center at the same time. Enjoy the stunning views of the mountains either from the outside seating areas or directly from your room!
- A-Lodge Boulder – I am sure you will fall in love with this incredible hotel in Boulder! Sitting on seven acres of mountain terrain, Boulder Adventure Lodge is the ideal place for those that want to relax during their stay: they have their own trail inside the property, and a creek runs by the rooms… making a very relaxing sound for your sleeping! And if you ever want to leave the property, you can enjoy many outdoor activities in the surrounding area like biking, hiking, fishing, and rock climbing!
- Boulder Twin Lakes Inn – This cozy hotel is located just a 15-minute drive from Boulder and just next to the beautiful Twin Lake Park, where you’ll find a pond and trails. The hotel’s suites offer everything you might need during your stay: free WiFi., fully equipped kitchens, spacious living and dining areas, as well a work desk… you will feel at home! And if this wasn’t enough, here you’ll also have access to a hot tub and free bikes to explore the area.
BONUS: Best Airbnbs in Boulder, CO
If you don’t want to renounce the comforts of having your own house and privacy during your holiday in Boulder, I get you, there’s nothing better than feeling at home away from home!
For this reason, I made a list of the best Airbnbs in Boulder offering all the amenities you need: kitchens, dining and living areas, private bathrooms, balconies with stunning views, and much more!
Some of them are located right in the center while others are closer to the tranquil nature, so there’s something for any taste, but take into consideration that they’re all in the mid-range to luxury price range but I’ve listed them in descending order from $600 – $250.
P.S.: You can find great Airbnbs and other accommodation options all over Colorado and we have another post if you are looking for other amazing towns to stay in Colorado!
- Downtown Boulder Luxury – If you want to experience the luxury of a 5-star hotel and the comfort of your home, you will fall in love with this newly renovated home, featuring 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, a living room, and a bathroom. Here you have plenty of space to enjoy a delicious meal cooked in your private kitchen, work or just relax. There is even an outdoor patio with a privacy fence, and a flagstone seating area, perfect for enjoying a drink in the company of your beloved ones! It hosts up to 4 people.
- Sunny, Private, Central Studio – This sunny and beautiful house will make you feel immediately at home, offering a queen-sized bed, southern-facing garden-level windows, a wet bar, and a dining table. The location is also perfect, in a quiet neighborhood within walking distance to Pearl Street, and many downtown events, shops, cafes & restaurants, parks, and hiking trails… basically everything Boulder has to offer! It hosts up to 3 people: perfect for business travelers, artist’s get-away, university visitors, and couples!
- Downtown Penthouse – This 4-guests penthouse retreat is located right in the heart of Boulder, just steps away from the Pearl Street Mall, and offers the best panoramic views in the whole city! In fact, just from the spacious deck or the kitchen you will enjoy gorgeous views of the Flatiron mountains: the perfect way to either start or finish your day. Here you’ll have access to a living room, private bedroom, and a gourmet kitchen… everything you want for a Boulder getaway!
- Private Guest Suite – Check out this cozy guest suite located in a charming and historic Victorian house (rumors say that Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young recorded here) hosting up to 4 people. The charming property is centrally located, so you can either get to Pearl Street or the University of Colorado in a short bus ride or take one of the free bikes and go explore the natural surroundings, just two blocks away. The suite is perfect for a stay of 2 or a family of 3 people.
Frequently asked questions about hotels in Boulder, CO
👑 Which are the best places to stay in Boulder, CO
🔍 Which are the best things to do in Boulder, CO?
The best things to do in Boulder, CO, are visiting the Rocky Mountain National Park, having a shopping evening at the Pearl Street Mall, or joining some outdoor activities like rock climbing, hiking, and skiing in winter!
📅 How many days should I spend in Boulder, CO?
3 days in Boulder is enough time to visit its main highlights and natural attractions like the Rocky Mountains, eat in the many delicious restaurants, and explore Boulder downtown!
🚶♀️Is Boulder, CO, a walkable city?
Yes, Boulder has a nationally recognized pedestrian-friendly community, earning the Gold-level Walk Friendly Community in 2020. This is thanks to the pedestrian-only Pearl Street Mall and to its many paths and hiking trails, attracting visitors from all over the world!
💸 Which are the best places to stay in Boulder, CO, on a budget?
The best places to stay in Boulder, CO, on a budget are A-Lodge Boulder, featuring its own trail and creek inside the property, or Foot of the Mountain Motel, located right at the foot of the mountain and close to Boulder Creek.
Here we are at the end of this travel guide to the best places to stay in Boulder, Colorado, including hotels for any price range and cozy Airbnbs if you prefer to have your own privacy during your holiday.
I hope this guide will help you find the perfect stay for your travel needs and expectations!
With such a wide choice of accommodation options, I am sure you will find the perfect hotel for your vacation, but if you’re still undecided, here are my 2 absolute favorites, with great value for price and location:
- Boulder Marriott – If you want to have a luxury stay, this hotel is for you, offering spacious rooms with views of the Rocky Mountains
- Hampton Inn & Suites Boulder North – One of the best hotels in Boulder, offering many amenities like an indoor swimming pool and a hot tub
If you like them, make sure you book them as in advance as you can, or you might lose the spot: Boulder is one of the most popular tourist towns in Colorado!
And if you still have some doubts or questions for me (or you just want to share your experience in a Boulder accommodation), please share them in the comments below, I am looking forward to answering you!
Have an amazing holiday!